Thursday, September 24, 2015

YD Ideology and Horoscope

The results I got for the YD Ideology were not the results I was expecting. My highest score (which was tied) was between “Risk, Resiliency, and Prevention” and “Critical Youth Development”. The reason I said I wasn’t expecting those results is because the last category in which I got a low score was “Positive Youth Development”. In my every day character I am a positive person who motivates others in a positive way. I was expecting my results to be somewhere more along those lines. I believe that these answers must overlap in some ways or the way I go about helping the youth are different than the ways I thought they were, which is pretty cool too.

Reading the horoscopes for the results definitely helped putting my results in perspective. I would agree that I am the type of person that would come out and brainstorm ways to help a situation and try different ways to make things better. I am also the type of person who would collaborate with other resources to make sure I am doing whatever I can to help to the best of my ability.

Writing this out makes me realize that maybe the results I got were exactly the way I am! This was a really helpful exercise! (:

2 comments:

  1. I think the surprise of not getting the one you expected is a great tell for you. I really believe that Youth Workers can be all of the above maybe not all at once but we have what it takes to handle each and every situation within the given categories. There is never "one" set description. Youth work is not cookie cutter so to say we are one category over the other is just bizarre. Every situation will call for a different perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your results both differed from my results which I had. I had Positive youth Development. I believe that our Cohort will being great diversity to the work as we all meet various YD Ideology concepts.

    ReplyDelete